Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Monday, August 7, 2006

I made it safely to Moscow! Praise God! I am temporarily staying with Tanya and Davide Cantarella, a wonderful couple who are missionaries in Moscow. Tanya is the pastor of Moscow First Church of the Nazarene, and her husband is also her boss :) because he is the district superintendent for this district. They are wonderful people and have proven to me that the church around the world is truly beautiful. The picture you see below is of the view from the window my temporary place here in the guest room of the Cantarella's apartment.

I had the most amazing revelation today as I read The Silver Chair (C.S. Lewis) while on the airplane. In it, Aslan says this, "Here on the mountain I have spoken clearly: I will not often do so down in Narnia. Here on the mountain, the air is clear and your mind is clear; as you drop down into Narnia, the air will thicken. Take great care that it does not confuse your mind." These words hit me hard! As I was flying, I could look out the window and notice all of the details of the landscape, and everything was so clear. All of the ideas, themes, passions, people, and themes that God had placed on my heart during the summer were fresh in my mind. These words from Lewis quickly reminded me that things will change greatly once I arrive on the ground. Everything will be moving faster, but I was reassured that my perspective doesn't have to change. I must remember what He has taught me while I'm on the ground. The ground is where practical faith takes place!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home