Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Today was a great day! I was able to sleep 12 hours to recover from the plane ride, and I'm still fighting the nagging jet lag. Once again, the Lord showed me His kindness in the form of Tanya, who so generously gave up some of her own time to take me shopping for a bed, wardrobe, groceries, and a phone card. I'm starting to understand the Russian culture even better during these first couple days. One peculiarity is that when you buy almost anything, the cashier will ask you to give enough metal change so that he/she will only have to give you back an even amount.

I have noticed that Satan has pulled no stops in trying to drag me down spiritually. He has sent an onslaught of sexual temptation my way...immodestly dressed women, ads, shocking magazine covers in passing shops...it's unbelievable! However, it is real, and I know that I must steadfastly keep my eyes fixed on one thing: Jesus. I must not let my eyes wander. He will give me the strength to remain holy. "But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people" (Ephesians 5:3). Please pray for me in this regard, and also for wisdom that I would hear God's voice and know what He wants me to do each day.

Tomorrow is the first day at the school, and I am so excited!

7 Comments:

At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luke, so glad to read you made it there safe. I will be praying for you tomorrow as school starts. Your students will love you and I know you'll be a great teacher!

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger Bubbling Brittany said...

Congratulations Mr. Hays (ha ha I can't believe kids have to call you that) You have officially become a world traveler. Though demons may try to get you down God will lift you up and you must praise him even when you are going rhrough a storm.

 
At 4:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,Luke, Grandma and I were relieved to hear that you made it safely. Thanks for the great blog site, and the wonderful thoughts. We will be praying for you as you start teaching tomorrow. We love you! Grandpa.

 
At 4:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom and I are very proud of you, Luke. We are praying for you, as are so many others. Since Jesus Himself lives within you, let it be Him Who handles the temptations you face. He handled those situations perfectly when He was on earth, and He will do it through you, as well. "You are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is He that is in you than He that is in the world" (I John 4:4). Temptations are lies, and empty of meaning. Ask God to help you to see the temptations for what they are, and pray for the God's Love and Light to fill the emptiness in the hearts of those who seem so tempting to you. Once they have experienced the unending love of Jesus, their need to do what they do now will lose its power, as well. Pray that you will have such a deep heart-connection to the limitless Light and Power of Jesus' Love that these temptations will hold no power over you...that their darkness will be totally dissipated by the Light of the Face of God.

 
At 5:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luke, Mom and I are so proud of you! We are praying for you, as are so many others. So many people care about you and love you! Since Jesus lives in you, allow Him to be stronger than the temptations you are facing. He handled all temptations without sinning while here on earth, and He offers His life within us to continue to do the same again in our day. "You are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world." (I John 4:4). We all have learned that temptations are lies and hold empty promises. Pray that you will always be able to see them for what they truly are. Remember that those who are tempting you are empty in their souls. Pray for them, that the limitless Love-Light of Jesus will flood their souls; they then will no longer need to do what they do to try to fill their void within. Pray for such a deep heart- connection to the Loving Heart of Jesus that temptation will fall powerless beside you. Mom and I love you very much, Son.

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Luke! I'm so happy to know that you had a safe trip to Moscow. Pretty exciting, eh? How neat to be able to talk to Barbara on the flight like that -- she will not forget the truths that you talked about with her. I'm anxious to see your classroom filled with 'your kids'& to see how you've set it up. I've been praying for you & will continue to pray every time I think of you, which is quite frequently!! You have been a light to our family since the day you were born, & I am so proud that you are in the Lord's will. It was hard saying goodbye to you, yet I know that you are exactly where you should be. I love this blog thing....never saw one before. What a great way to stay in touch!
I'll keep praying. I love you!!

A. Cheri

 
At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luke:

Carol and I are so very, very proud of you and for the lives that will be enriched through your servant's heart.

We pray daily for your safety and that you will find both comfort and peace as you serve those that God has placed in both your walk and in your classroom.

This will create within you a joyful heart; cherish each moment of the journey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home