Today was a day full of joy! I was able to meet nearly all of my students and their parents, and what a diverse group it was! I have students from Korea, one from Australia, one from the United Kingdom, one from Peru, and the rest from the United States (to my knowledge)! The parent support here at Hinkson is truly amazing, and I am thrilled to begin the school year on Wednesday. Today was also very productive as I was able to get nearly all of the preparations for Wednesday completed (a picture of the finished classroom will be coming soon).
I am also so thankful for God’s answered prayer. On Saturday my emotions reached an apex, especially when I realized that I had not received many hugs since I arrived in Moscow. Thanks to the prayers of so many people, our faithful God sent about 10 precious people my way on Sunday morning at Moscow First Church of the Nazarene to give me hugs…all in a span of about 5 minutes!!! I cannot clearly describe in words how sincerely loving the people of Moscow First are. I have never seen anything like it. Although I can only understand a mere fraction of their spoken words, I can clearly understand their extravagant love, a love that transcends any boundaries that men can construct. That love, the Love of God, is the most powerful force in the entire universe! In being the recipient of such love, I cannot help but be deeply thankful and deeply moved to share that love with others. Thank you, Lord!!!

7 Comments:
Hi Luke! I just read your blog . . . it sounds like you are loving Russsia! I know your students will be blessed to have you as their teacher! Know that you are in my prayers daily ~ I'll be checking your blog to see how things are going for you!! God bless you in all you do!! Remain His servant!! Love, Kim Vargo :)
Hey Luke! This is Jacklynn, I just wanted to say that I am praying for you and that I will miss you on campus when I return this Friday, but I know that God is doing amazing things with you! I am excited for you :) I would give you a big hug, and I am sure Matt would too if we were there!
love ya bud!
Here's another hug! I'm glad you have such wonderful parental support and I'm even more excited that you have a student from Peru!!! yea for Spanish!
I'll be praying for you especially on Wednesday as you start teaching... -Denise
Dear Luminous....I was walking next to Jesus yesterday and saw you there! Clearly you are on the right track......everyday look around and see if I'm there on the path, will you please? If not, email me at dallasgatlin @gmail.com and tell me to get with it! We take up our crosses DAILY! Peace out Luke! DG
Luke - -
Sounds like great things are happening!! We're praying for you, and God bless.......
Gary Cousins
Yay I'm so glad you got hugs!!!!! Have an amazing day :-)
It's beautiful to see how God is providing for you along this journey. I have no doubt that He will continue to surprise and bless you as you walk in His will and serve Him. Praying for you.
Post a Comment
<< Home